Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less.
Holcim is the company behind some of the world’s most trusted brands in the building sector including ACC, Aggregate Industries, Ambuja Cement, Disensa, Firestone Building Products, Geocycle, Holcim and Lafarge. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quarry Manager
Job Code: DJOB
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Function: Cement Manufacturing (jobs in plants / other industrial sites)
Contract Type: Regular Full-Time
Local / International: Local Employment
- Quarry manager objective is to organize and coordinate quarrying activities for the exploitation and supply of basic raw materials (limestone. shale and red alluvium) in the right quality and quantity.
- Quarry manager is responsible for the management of quarry outsourcing contract and co-responsibility for the maintenance of the KFUI to be <14.
- Take a lead in the enforcement of Lafarge safety rules and guidelines for mines operation.
- Write procedures to implement safe practices by all quarry contractors and sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all safety rules and regulations in the Nigerian Minerals and Mining Acts of 2008 are strictly adhered to in the operational environment of the quarry.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational details of the quarry by:
- Monitoring the activities of the overburden contractors engaged in the overburden activities.
- Carrying out routine inspection of the perimeter drainage; plan and implement cleaning schedule to avoid flooding.
- Monitoring and maintaining the overburden tip restoration process.
- Prepares the annual volume budgets based on production requirements in conjunction with the production manager.
- Prepares the annual capital and revenue budgets for the quarry operation in conjunction with production manager.
- Performs monthly cost analysis (budget vs. actual) of the quarry operations.
- Oversee the operational and strategic development of Quarry operations by:
- Carrying out mining activities in accordance with the mining plan.
- Defining mid-term mining plan in collaboration with the TC.
- Defining short term mining plan to meet quality and KFUI targets
- Putting in place control mechanisms to achieve quality targets (sampling, blending use of appropriate software and Raw Mix Optimization) in collaboration with process and quality.
- Carrying out quarry development activities in accordance to quarry rehabilitation plan.
- Ensure that the quality and physical properties of the raw material produced from quarry meet the process specifications.
- Ensures adequate supply of quarry consumables like explosives and its accessories.
- Ensures safekeeping and safe use of explosives by following recommended standards for storage and utilization of explosives.
- Serves as liaison officer between Lafarge and relevant government regulatory agency for mine operations.
- Obtain and maintain authorisations and permits.
- Identify and action opportunities to augment reserves.
- Prevent encroachment of Company property.
- Have dialogue and public relations with stakeholders.
- Do topographical survey on a regular basis in DWG or DXF, 3D format
- Program overburden stripping programming, contract negotiation, award & supervision.
- Keeping up to date with relevant government legislation and maintain good working relationship with relevant government agency.
- Controls quarrying activities to comply with group environmental standards (Air quality, noise, vibration and water). Measure compliance and have an emergency strategy.
- Implement quarry rehabilitation plan.
- Defines the mission and objectives of his team and carries out their performance reviews, promotes his team motivation, skills and developments through coaching.
- Develop and implement training plan for his team and ensure they are relevant to their career development.
- Deputize for production manager.
- Comply with EMS Quarry Instrumentation activities
- Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant.
Education / Qualifications
- B.Sc / HND in Mining Engineering, Geology or a subject related to mining.
- 5/8 years experience in quarry operations.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good knowledge raw material chemistry.
- Computer literate (Word, excel, MS project, lotus note).
- Good knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9002)
- Good planning skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Result oriented
- Team leadership skill
- Good aptitude for organization and communication
- Result oriented with high decision making capacity/ self confidence
- High level of initiative
- Professional Proficiency in English Language.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online