Requirements To Study In Ghana For Nigerians
If you are a Nigerian student seeking an African country with a reputable educational system that is free from strikes, then Ghana may be the perfect choice for you. The Ghanaian educational system is internationally recognized, ensuring uninterrupted study periods without the disruptions of strikes. Additionally, Ghana offers a beautiful country with numerous attractions, providing an unforgettable student experience.
Here are some of the benefits of studying in Ghana:
- Strike-free Environment: Unlike Nigerian universities, strikes are rare in Ghana. The university administration in Ghana actively resolves conflicts and maintains a peaceful learning environment. As a result, students can confidently follow a four-year course without the risk of extensions or delays.
- English as the Main Language: While Ghana has various indigenous languages, English remains the official language. Most courses are taught in English, allowing for effective communication with professors and peers. The absence of a language barrier both inside and outside the classroom ensures a seamless learning and social experience.
- Simplified Admissions Process: Unlike the complex JAMB examination system in Nigeria, Ghana has a simpler admissions process. Nigerian students can set aside their previous JAMB questions as they are irrelevant to Ghanaian education. The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) result is the primary requirement for admission. Good grades in your WAEC results will ensure a successful admission.
- International Recognition of Degrees: Ghanaian degrees are highly regarded and recognized worldwide. The Ghanaian government prioritizes education and ensures that universities offer quality education. With well-equipped faculties and advanced facilities, universities in Ghana provide a conducive learning environment. As a result, Ghanaian degrees hold value in various countries, ensuring that your educational investment is globally recognized.
- Vibrant Lifestyle: Studying in Ghana allows you to immerse yourself in the country’s diverse culture. You can enjoy traditional Ghanaian dishes, explore national parks, visit castles and beaches, and engage with friendly locals. The welcoming nature of Ghanians will make it easy for you to adapt and expand your social circle.
Requirements for Nigerian Students to Study in Ghana:
Nigerian students generally enjoy a visa-free policy for short-term stays in Ghana as part of the ECOWAS citizenship arrangement. However, if your stay exceeds three months, you will need to obtain a student visa. The following documents are typically required for a Ghanaian student visa application:
- International Passport
- Passport Photographs
- Ghanaian Visa Application Form
- Visa Payment Receipt
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Card
- Proof of Financial Ability
- Proof of Accommodation
- Flight Itinerary
Ghana Admission Requirements for Nigerian Students:
To gain admission to Ghanaian universities, Nigerian students typically need to fulfill the following requirements:
- WAEC Result
- Admission Form
- Age Requirement
- Cut-off Points
In conclusion, Nigerian students seeking a stable and developed African country for higher education should consider Ghana. The Ghanaian educational system offers numerous advantages over Nigeria, including a strike-free environment and global recognition of degrees. By choosing Ghana, you can enjoy a quality education and a vibrant cultural experience.
Leave a Reply