Study in Canada : here is an ultimate guide to study in Canada . Do you wish to study in Canada? In this article, we are covering everything you need to know about studying in Canada, including the costs, courses, Canadian student permits, and lots more.
There are lots of international students living and studying in Canada. And these numbers continue to grow every year. Many of these students are able to stay in Canada after finishing their studies. Statistics show that last year alone, more than 400,000 international students were admitted into Canadian Universities.
The majority of these students came from France, China, Japan, South Korea, Nigeria, the United States, Brazil, Iran, India, and Vietnam. Canada is known for its diversity when it comes to Admissions. The Canadian Government has budgeted over $147,000,000 (million) towards this goal for the next 5 years.
RECOMMENDED : All You Need to Know about Study In Canada: Scholarships, Financial Aid, Visa, Admissions
This is the best time to seize this opportunity and apply for a study at any Canadian University. Without any further delay, let’s go in-depth into everything you need to know about Studying in Canada.
- Canadian University Admission Process
- Prospective Student’s Document Requirements
- What is a Canadian Study Permit?
- Requirements for a Canadian Study Permit
- How to Apply
- How much does it cost to study in Canada
- Top 5 Canadian Universities
In this section, we are going to look at the steps you need to take for the Admission process to any Canadian University. Below are the basic steps of the application process:
- Select a Program
This is the first step before application. You need to determine what program or course you want to study in Canada. You must be willing to present a strong case on why you wish to study this course or program in your statement of purpose letter.
You can visit the University’s admission portal to view its various programs and requirements.
- Apply to the School
The next step is submitting an application letter to the school on your intentions to study in their prestigious university.
Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you then proceed to the next step.
- Apply for a study permit
With your acceptance letter in hand, you can then proceed to apply for a student visa or study permit. This is a brief summary of the application process. The next thing we would look at is the documents you would need during your application process.
There are specific and important documents you would need during your application process. Below are some of the documents you would need:
- Acceptance Letter: This is the letter sent by the school approving your course of study at their university.
- Bank Statements: This is to make sure you can support yourself and any family member that might be joining you in Canada. Your bank statements should show that you can provide for your living and study expenses.
- ID: Identity documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates (if any), and passports.
A Canadian study permit is a document that allows you to study at a school in Canada. Once your application has been approved, you can then proceed to apply for a study permit.
This would help you avoid any legal action against you by the Canadian Government. Without a Canadian study permit, you won’t be able to study in Canada. The question now remains, what are the requirements for applying for a Canadian study permit?
There are terms and conditions required when applying for a study permit in Canada. You must be able to respect these conditions in order to retain the validity of your study permit in Canada.
- You must have enrolled in a designated learning institution (DLI)
- You must not take an absence of leave or travel more than a duration of 150 days during your program
- You must be enrolled either as a part-time or full-time student
There are four main processes for applying for a study permit:
- Your Eligibility Status: You have to first make sure you meet the requirements for a Canadian study permit. We have listed the requirements above.
- Prepare your application
- Submit your application
- Once approved, come over to Canada
The cost of study in Canada compared to other countries like Australia, the United States, and the U.K is quite affordable. Statistics show that in 2018/2019 the average tuition fee for international students in Canada is $27,159 CAD.
That same year, the average tuition fee for international students studying in the United States is about $45,950 USD. This is quite a long gap between the two countries. This shows studying in Canada can be quite affordable.
In this section, we are going to be looking at some of the costs of studying and living in Canada. The average cost of study in a Canadian university is about $29,947 with housing. Housing cost per month is about $1,080 to $2,982 in places like Toronto.
Other areas can be as low as $500 per month. International students can spend between $400 – $600 on both food and transportation.
Canada is home to some of the most prestigious universities and post-secondary institutions. Here are the country’s most recognized schools below:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- Universite de Montreal
- McMaster University
To get started, follow the steps listed above, for more information visit the various school’s official websites.