Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We’re leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Cadbury Bournvita, TomTom, Cloret, and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax & Insurance Specialist
Reference ID: R-70623
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Standard 40 business hours per week
- Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
- Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
- Under close supervision, you will classify, examine, and analyze accounting records, prepare financial reports and statements and perform special projects as assigned. You will also support other accounting and external reporting activities.
How You will Contribute
- Support accounting and external reporting activities including accurate and timely U.S. GAAP reporting and timeliness and integrity of statutory financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, KPIs, fixed assets, restructuring and intercompany charges.
- As required, you will also support activities performed by Mondelēz International Business Services/third-party service providers during month/quarter/year-end close, statistical reporting and statutory audit
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment and comply with Mondelēz International’s AER policies. You will also support audit activities and provide information at an auditor’s request
- Perform special projects and analyses as requested
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Accounting and External Reporting (AER) team and invest in your personal development.
To succeed in this role, it is expected that the applicant should possess:
- University Degree in Accounting/Finance or any related course.
- Minimum of 4 years of tax consulting experience preferably in a Big 4
- Fluency spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of MS Office and it’s applications, especially MS Excel
- Deep understanding of Nigerian tax laws
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet set deadlines
- Ability to create / drive team spirit
- High ethical standard and level of integrity.
- Demonstrable experience in handling/managing tax audits.
What You Will Bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Technical Expertise in accounting and external reporting including understanding U.S. GAAP, IFRS or local GAAP, close processes and financial reporting systems (SAP experience preferred). Knowledge in policy, controls and compliance design including SOX reporting
- Business Acumen and experience working in FMCG/CPG Industry or Big Four accounting preferred
- Leadership Skills including strong communication skills. Team player with a drive to deliver results
- Growth / Digital Mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge
- Integrity and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply