Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Monday 16th January 2023, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Some political parties have adopted special security measures in a move to protect their officials and supporters as the campaigns intensify ahead of the elections. The Labour Party and the New Nigeria Peoples Party disclosed yesterday that they have taken extra-security measures as they cannot rely on police protection alone.
2. A Lagos State High Court will on Monday (today) begin the trial of ASP Drambi Vandi, who allegedly killed a Lagos-based lawyer, Mrs Omobolanle Raheem, on Christmas Day. Vandi, attached to Ajiwe Police Station in Ajah, Lagos State, allegedly shot Raheem dead while she was returning from an outing with her family members.
3. The Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor has ruled out the possibility of the military taking over power in Nigeria, saying democracy has come to stay in the country The CDS stated this on Sunday while responding to questions from journalists at at the National Arcade, Abuja, during the wreath laying ceremony that marked the climax of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration.
4. Pastor Tunde Bakare, Presiding Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, has said good politicians do not ask others to answer questions directed at them. Bakare, who said this in his state-of-the-nation address, on Sunday, noted that a new Nigeria is about to emerge.
5. Rev. Fr Isaac Achi, a Catholic Priest, was killed by bandits who invaded his residence around 3am on Sunday. It was gathered that after his attackers could not gain access to him as a result of fortified security, they decided to burn down the building in which the priest was.
6. Gunmen suspected to be bandits riding on motorcycles, on Sunday, attacked New Life for All Church in Kankara Local Government Area of Katsina State, kidnapping over 25 worshippers. The Senior Special Assistant on Christian Affairs to Governor Aminu Bello Masari, Rev. Ishaya Jurau confirmed the development.
7. Unknown gunmen causing havoc in Southeast have attacked the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, office in Imo State, killing one in the process. It was gathered that the gunmen, who were about 20 in number, operated with two SUVs, one blue-coloured Lexus and an ash-coloured Highlander.
8. Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his sustained efforts at defeating the Boko Haram insurgents, bandits and other terrorist groups destroying parts of the country. He spoke at Government House, Port Harcourt after the wreath laying ceremony to mark the 2023 Armed Forces Remembrance Day celebration at Isaac Boro Park, yesterday.
9. Men of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have smashed a tramadol cartel and seized millions of opioid pills and bottles worth over N5bn from a warehouse in the Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos State. The Director, Media and Advocacy, Femi Babafemi, in a statement on Sunday, said two suspected kingpins were arrested by the agency.
10. AA RANO fuel station located along Abuja-Lokoja Expressway has been gutted by fire. The spokesperson for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT police command, DSP Josephine Adeh, who confirmed the incident on Sunday evening, said the fire incident broke out while a fuel tanker was dumping the product at the station.
Leave a Reply