Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Saturday 29th October 2022, can be accessed below.
Goldennewsng has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, on Friday expressed reservations with the redesigning of some naira denominations by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The CBN, had, on Wednesday announced that it would start circulating newly redesigned N100, N200, N500 and N1000 naira notes from December 15.
2. The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Friday granted the stay of execution on a judgment discharging the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu, of terrorism charges. The Federal Government had claimed that Kanu was discharged but not acquitted and approached the court to stay the execution on his release order.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has said the recent changes in travel advice from the US and UK governments should not be a cause for panic. The President, in a statement issued Friday by his spokesman, Malam Garba Shehu, advised the nation’s security establishment and entire citizens to continue being vigilant and careful with security.
4. The growing apprehension in the Federal Capital Territory over the terror alerts issued by the United States and the United Kingdom persisted on Friday, even as the Federal Government heightened security in the capital city. It observed massive deployment of Special Forces and the elite Presidential Guards Brigade in Abuja metropolis to prevent possible terrorist attacks.
5. The chief spokesperson for the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, yesterday expressed confidence that the party’s presidential candidate, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, will not abuse the rule of law, having been a victim of military brutality in his struggle for democracy.
6. Terrorists have abducted the District Head of Birnin Tsaba in the Zurmi Local Government Area of Zamfara State, identified only as Alhaji Hashimu alongside his younger brother, Danbalange, who is a member of the All Progressives Congress in the area.
7. The Naira on Friday exchanged at N444.75 to the dollar at the Investors and Exporters window, a depreciation of 0.06 per cent, compared with N444.50 to the dollar it exchanged on Thursday.
8. The Joint Drivers Association of Nigeria (JDWAN), Lagos State Chapter, on Friday, said that their proposed seven days warning strike meant to kick off on Monday, October 31, 2022, remains sacrosanct. The joint drivers disclosed this at a press briefing, which held at the Right’s House, Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos State.
9. Mr Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says the party will build an egalitarian, free and prosperous Nigeria if elected in 2023. Obi made the promise on Friday in Abakaliki while speaking at an event organised in his honour by the Ebonyi chapter of the Civil Society Action Group (CSAG).
10. More than 40 towns and villages have been raided by bandits in Zuru Emirate areas of Kebbi State and the number of Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps has increased. Chief Press Secretary to the Kebbi State Governor, Abubakar Mu’azu Dakingari, who confirmed this in a statement, said Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu has visited the IDPs to sympathise with victims.
Leave a Reply