Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Saturday 31st December 2022, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The high command of the Nigerian Army has directed over 120 major-generals, brigadiers, colonels, lieutenants, captains and others to proceed on compulsory retirement. The affected officers, who include those who failed their Senior Staff Course Examinations, were ordered to submit their letters of voluntary retirement or face summary retrenchment.
2. A Yaba Chief Magistrate’s Court on Friday remanded the Assistant Superintendent of Police, Drambi Vandi, in the Ikoyi Correctional Centre, over alleged unlawful shooting and killing of a pregnant lawyer, Mrs. Omobolanle Raheem, in Lagos on Christmas Day.
3. A 63-year-old Abuja panel beater, Taiwo Ojo, has been arrested by operatives of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command for killing, burning, and burying the corpse of his colleague, Philip Kura, in a shallow grave in the Bwari area of the Federal Capital Territory. It was gathered that Ojo committed culpable homicide against his colleague after an argument over money on December 23, an intelligence source privy to the homicide revealed.
4. The Rivers State Police Command said its operatives have arrested 10 suspected members of the Indigenous People of Biafra and seven fake members of the civilian Joint Task Force in various parts of the State. The State Commissioner of Police, Okon Effiong, disclosed this while briefing newsmen in Port Harcourt on Friday.
5. The President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, on Friday said President Muhammadu Buhari will sign the 2023 appropriation bill on Tuesday, January 3 2023. Lawan stated this after a closed-door meeting with the President at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
6. Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, the Fulani socio-cultural group, yesterday, endorsed the political ambition of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu in the 2023 presidential election. At a meeting held in Lafia, Nasarawa State, on Friday, the President of the association, Alhaji Bello Bodejo, said that the move was to ensure that the herders were not sidelined in the scheme of things.
7. Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, has challenged those threatening to expel him from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to try it if they can.
Governor Wike gave the challenge at the Eneka Road Roundabout, venue of the flag-off ceremony for the construction of Eneka-Igbo Etche Road dualisation project on Friday.
8. Operatives of Ogun State command of Nigeria Police in the early hours of Friday arrested two brothers, Ayomide Babatunde and Gbenga Babatunde for kidnapping a woman and her nine years old son for ritual purpose. The command’s spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi disclosed this in a statement yesterday.
9. Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State and Vice Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),on Friday said God would determine Nigeria’s next President and not the action of G-5 governors. Okowa made the statement in Aboh, when he led Delta PDP campaign train to Ndokwa East and Ndokwa West Local Government Areas of the State.
10. The Federal Government has said that it will not review the salaries of public and civil servants. The Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen Chris Ngige in a statement said what he talked about when he met State House Correspondents was a review of the remuneration and emoluments of the affected workers, especially the civil servants.