Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Thursday 1st December 2022, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Aminu Muhammad, a student of Federal University Dutse (FUD), has been remanded in prison over his tweet on Aisha Buhari. Muhammad, who hails from Azare in Bauchi State, is a final-year student at the department of environmental management. He was arraigned before a high court in the federal capital territory (FCT) on Tuesday.
2. Members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, may embark on ‘no pay, no work’ policy if the Federal Government continues to insist on not paying them their withheld eight months salaries, the National President, Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke, said yesterday.
3. For the first time in weeks since the scarcity of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly called petrol, began, the Federal Government opened up and declared on Wednesday that there was no plan to increase the pump price of petrol, at least during the Yuletide season. Amid fuel scarcity everywhere, the government said there was fuel supply stock that could last the country for 34 days.
4. The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has finally begun the distribution of Bimodal Voter Accreditation System facilities to the remaining parts of the country, including the North-East and South-East States, which hitherto had yet to get the vital election equipment. It was learnt on Wednesday that the agency had resumed the airlift of BVAS to States amid security concerns.
5. The Federal Government on Wednesday said State governors were partly responsible for the rising rate of poverty in the country. It blamed the State chief executives for favouring the construction of infrastructures, such as bridges and airports, in cities, rather than improving the lives of the poor.
6. A woman, identified simply as Omotayo, has been accused of using chemicals to kill her 70-year-old neighbour, Emmanuel Agbeli, at their residence in Arepo, in the Obafemi Owode LG area of Ogun State. It was gathered that the septuagenarian was praying in his apartment on Havana Estate, Arepo, when Omotayo entered the apartment and splashed the chemicals on her body.
7. A woman, Blessing Eno, has been arrested for allegedly beheading her 11-month-old son at Ugep community, in the Yakurr Local Government Area of Cross River State. It was learnt that a mob was about to lynch Eno for perpetrating the crime when the police intervened and rescued her.
8. Adams Oshiomhole, former All Progressives Congress (APC) National Chairman, yesterday, alleged that Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) presidential candidate is a serial betrayer. The former governor of Edo State also said Atiku was the weakest of all the top candidates.
9. Titi Atiku Abubakar, wife of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has stated that Nigerians should not fidget on her husband, Atiku Abubakar, becoming the president due to his tribe. According to Titi, her husband is a civilised Fulani man, not the ones that stay in the bush.
10. Lionel Messi had a penalty saved but Argentina still advanced to the last 16 of the World Cup as Group C winners after a 2-0 victory over Poland on Wednesday.
Leave a Reply