Top Stories Across Nigerian Newspapers, Monday 16 January 2023 can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled Top Nigeria Newspaper headline for today Monday.
1. SERAP threatens to sue Lawan, Gbajabiamila over ‘outrageous’ N228.1bn NASS budget
Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has urged the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, and Speaker of House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, to the National Assembly budget of N228.1 billion which it described as “outrageous”.
2. Tunde Bakare predicts a ‘new Nigeria’ after 2023 elections, warns on vote-buying
The Serving Overseer of Citadel Global Community Church (CGCC), Pastor Tunde Bakare, on Sunday, warned divisive leaders against heating up the polity ahead of next month’s elections.
3. Anambra govt demolishes Peter Obi’s campaign billboards, rejects allegations of witch-hunt
The Anambra State government has demolished some campaign billboards belonging to the Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, in the state.
4. APC suspends campaign rally in honour of dead PDP supporters in Plateau
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Plateau State has suspended its campaign rally in the state in honour of 16 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) supporters who died in an auto crash on Saturday
5. ‘Our decision to dump Shettima stands, not a blackmail’, North-East youths reply Keyamo
The North-East Youths and Stakeholders Forum of the All Progressive Congress (APC) on Saturday slammed the spokesman of the APC Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, for branding its decision to withdraw support for the party’s vice presidential candidate, Kashim Shettima, as a blackmail.
6. ROUNDUP: Stock market investment rises by 9.13%, Abbey Mortgage, others make weekly losers’ list
Within five days of trading this week, about 1.286 billion shares were traded on the exchange floor by investors who parted with N29.634 billion for the stocks in 19,816 deals.
7. Dangote Group dismisses reports on commissioning of refinery
Dangote Group has reacted to reports on the commissioning of its refinery this month.
8. Abducted DPO regains freedom in Plateau
The abducted Divisional Police Officer in Pankshin Local Government Area of Plateau State, Nwapi Augustus, has regained his freedom
9. Suspected bandits abduct 5 women, shoot pastor in Katsina community
Gunmen suspected to be bandits on Sunday morning abducted five women at the Dan Mai-Tsuani community in Kankara local government area of Kastina State
10. Gavi stars as Barca beat Real Madrid to win Spanish Super Cup
Gavi was in action for Barcelona and was also on the scoresheet as Barcelona defeated Real Madrid 3-1 in the Spanish Super Cup final on Sunday night.
Leave a Reply