In what will come across as a really sad moment, two 200-level students of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) have died.
GoldenNewsNg reports that they were reportedly found dead in their room.
Corpses of the students identified as Decency and Victor were discovered after their neighbours broke into their room.
Victor was said to have vomited blood while Decency was said to have had white substance in his nose, fuelling speculations they may be victims of food poisoning.
It was alleged that they reportedly sent a motorcyclist to buy food for them and were found dead the following morning after eating the food.
PRO of MOUAU, Adanma Odefa who confirmed the incident, said; “We don’t know anything about eating food and the bike man. All we know is that we found two students dead in their rooms, that is we know. I don’t know where you are getting the eating of food and the bike man story; I don’t even have this information.”
Asked if there has been any medical report on the cause of their death, Odefa said; “The police have taken their bodies to the morgue and anything left is for the parents of the deceased. We have informed the families, so we are not talking about this.”
Prior to his death, Decency was the incumbent Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Students Union Government (SUG) and was seeking re-election for the post.