Job Opportunity for Nigerians : UNICEF Child Protection Specialist – Apply Now following the guideline below.
Latest UNICEF Recruitment
UNICEF is offering a unique opportunity for Nigerian nationals to join as a Child Protection Specialist (Harmful Practice) in Lagos. This critical role involves spearheading efforts to eliminate harmful practices, focusing on the Joint Programme to end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
- Lead the implementation of the FGM programme in the Southwest region, collaborating with UNFPA and other UNICEF sections.
- Expand the program to new hotspots identified in the latest MICS 2021, emphasizing priority states to end FGM for children 0-14.
- Work closely with the Child Protection Chief of Section in Abuja to ensure a comprehensive approach to preventing violence against women and girls.
- Advanced degree in international development, gender, human rights, or relevant social science field.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in child protection and gender-related areas.
- Proven track record in evidence-based programming on child protection, gender, and harmful practices.
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about protecting children’s rights and contributing to sustainable development,
Deadline: November 20, 2023
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not reapply.
This opportunity aligns with UNICEF’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct incompatible with the aims of the United Nations and UNICEF, ensuring a safe and inclusive work environment.