University Of Lagos Sandwich Degree Admission Form For The 2023/2024 Academic Session
Exciting news! The University of Lagos has commenced the sale of the Sandwich Degree Admission Form for the 2023/2024 academic session. If you’re interested in pursuing a sandwich program at this prestigious institution, this article provides comprehensive guidance. You’ll find information about the University of Lagos Sandwich Degree Admission Form for 2023, the application procedure, available sandwich programs, and more. Read on for in-depth details.
Firstly, let’s clarify what a sandwich program entails. A sandwich program is a part-time program designed specifically for working-class students, allowing them to pursue education while continuing to work. This program is particularly suitable for teachers, as it enables them to dedicate their school holidays to educational pursuits.
The University of Lagos, in collaboration with the Institute of Continuing Education and the Faculty of Education (Sandwich), is pleased to inform the general public, especially prospective students, that the sales of application forms for admission into the following degree programs have commenced: B.Ed, B.A.Ed, and B.Sc.Ed. Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to purchase the form and apply for admission.
To purchase the form, candidates must visit the admissions office to generate a remita number. The remita number should be taken to the bank for payment of the sum of Eleven thousand five hundred naira (N11,500). Candidates are required to bring the following items for registration:
- WAEC Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- A passport photograph
- NCE Result/certificate (if available)
- Candidates must have five (5) ‘O’Level credits in relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Students who were withdrawn from full-time programs, either due to absenteeism or on a GPA of less than 1.00 for three (3) consecutive semesters, may be considered for the Sandwich program as direct entry students. Such students must fulfill basic entry requirements and be at least 200 level students at the time of withdrawal.
The University of Lagos offers the following sandwich programs:
- Bachelor of Education in English Education
- Bachelor of Education in Adult Education
- Bachelor of Education in Biology Education
- Bachelor of Education in Business Education
- Bachelor of Education in Chemistry Education
- Bachelor of Education in Christian Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Education in Economics Education
- Bachelor of Education in Education Technology
- Bachelor of Education in Educational Administration
- Bachelor of Education in French Education
- Bachelor of Education in Geography Education
- Bachelor of Education in Guidance and Counselling
- Bachelor of Education in Health Education
- Bachelor of Education in Health Education (for Health Professionals)
- Bachelor of Education in History Education
- Bachelor of Education in Home Economics
- Bachelor of Education in Human Kinetics
- Bachelor of Education in Igbo
- Bachelor of Education in Integrated Science Education
- Bachelor of Education in Islamic Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Education in Mathematics Education
- Bachelor of Education in Physics Education
- Bachelor of Education in Yoruba Education
Program Duration Based on Entry Qualification:
- O’Level results: Five (5) years
- National Certificate of Education (ND): Four (4) years
- Pass degree: Three (3) years
Please note that the application process consists of two stages: JAMB and ICE (Sandwich) UNILAG. There will be no UTME examination for Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) UNILAG candidates.
- Register on the JAMB CAP website.
- Pay a sum of N3,500 to obtain a JAMB registration number.
- Visit the UNILAG application portal at http://applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- Click on “Start Fresh Application.”
- Select ICE (Sandwich) as the application type and provide your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, JAMB Registration Number, Mobile Phone Number, and E-mail Address.
- Click “Pay Now” to make an online payment of N11,500 (Eleven Thousand Five Hundred Naira only) or print the payment advice with Remita Number to make payment at any bank within the University of Lagos.
- After payment, return to the application portal (http://applications.unilag.edu.ng), click “continue application,” and enter your payment reference number and lowercase surname as the password.
- Complete all required details and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit the application form online and print two copies (Candidates can save their application form for later editing).
Submission of Application Forms and Entrance Examinations:
All completed application forms should be submitted online, and a hard copy of the completed forms in color print should be submitted to the Sandwich Office, Faculty of Education. Candidates will be required to sit for an entrance examination.
- Candidates should bring the color print of their Application Form to the examination hall.
- Provisional Admission Letters will be ready for collection two weeks after the entrance examination.
If you have any further questions regarding the UNILAG Sandwich Degree Admission Form 2023, please leave them in the comment box, and we will provide the necessary information.