The official portal for UNIPORT postgraduate programs offers access to the UNIPORT postgraduate admission form for the 2023/2024 academic session. Below are instructions on how to access the official University of Port Harcourt postgraduate form for 2023/2024.
The University of Port Harcourt School of Postgraduate Studies invites suitably qualified applicants to apply for admission to its various postgraduate programs (Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s degree, and Ph.D.) on both part-time and full-time basis for the 2023/2024 academic session.
In this guide, we will provide comprehensive information about the application process, the cost of the UNIPORT PG form for 2023, the deadline for postgraduate admission to the University of Port Harcourt, and how to submit a successful application for the postgraduate admission in 2023.
The cost of the UNIPORT postgraduate admission form is N15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only), and it is non-refundable. Now that you are aware of the application cost, let’s proceed to the entry requirements and how to submit a successful application for the UNIPORT postgraduate form in 2023.
Duration for UNIPORT Postgraduate Programs:
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE): The program will run for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months on a full-time basis. For the sandwich program, it will have two consecutive long vacations of eight (8) weeks each.
- MBA PROGRAMME: The program requires a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 36 calendar months for full-time enrollment.
- MD AND MS PROGRAMMES: These programs will have a duration of at least 24 calendar months.
- Ph.D. PROGRAMMES: Full-time candidates must commit a minimum of 24 months and a maximum of 60 months, while part-time candidates must commit a minimum of 36 months and a maximum of 84 months.
- DBA PROGRAMME: Full-time candidates must complete a minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years after their initial registration. Part-time candidates, on the other hand, must complete a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years.
General Admission Requirements:
- All candidates must have a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics, along with other O/Level requirements specified by each Department/Faculty.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programs, a bachelor’s degree in the relevant disciplines is the minimum requirement.
- Candidates must have at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the relevant discipline. HND holders with a minimum of Upper Credit in relevant Departments are also eligible.
- For Master’s Degree Programs, candidates must have at least a Second Class Honours Degree from the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University in the relevant course, with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
- Candidates applying for Master’s in Education should hold a first degree in a different subject area and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDF) with at least an Upper Credit classification. Strong backgrounds in mathematics are required for MBA program applicants.
- PGD candidates must have a 3.50 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) to be eligible for a Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Ph.D. candidates should generally hold a Master’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00 (depending on the department) or its equivalent in the relevant discipline. Admission will be determined based on interview performance, and coursework and a qualifying examination are required.
- MD/MS PROGRAMME: Candidates must be confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with a Medical Degree from a recognized University or graduates of Medicine (MBBS) from the University of Port Harcourt with at least five (5) years of experience. Additionally, candidates must possess a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level or an M.Sc. degree from an accredited university after their MBBS degree.
- Make the full payment for the application form online at any of the following banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank, and Sterling Bank. The application form costs N15,000.00.
- The prospectus costs six thousand nairas (N7,000.00) and must be paid by each candidate.
- After making the payment, download the application forms from www.sgs.uniportdatacenter.net/portal/application.
NOTE: Payment of the application fee does not guarantee admission, and it is non-refundable.
Enclose two copies of the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name (if applicable)
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Receipts of payment for the Form
Please note that the exam date and time for the University of Port Harcourt PG screening test will be communicated to you through the contact information provided during registration.
Once the admission form is released, the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) will announce the closing date for postgraduate admission for the 2023/2024 academic session. This page will be updated with the starting and ending dates once the form becomes available.
If you have any questions about the UNIPORT SPGS form for 2023, please feel free to use the comment section below. We will do our best to provide answers.