University Of Uyo JUPEB/IJMB Admission Form For The 2023/2024 Academic Session
Attention! The University of Uyo is now accepting applications for its JUPEB/IJMB program. The admission form can be obtained for N15,500, and the registration deadline is August 18, 2023.
We are delighted to inform the public that the University of Uyo (UNIYO) is currently selling the JUPEB (basic studies) admission form. UNIYO is seeking applications from eligible individuals for admission to its one-year Basic Studies program for the academic year 2023/2024. This non-residential program aims to fill the available slots.
The Basic Studies curriculum prepares students for the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) and IJMBE examinations. Upon satisfactory completion of the curriculum, students are granted admission through Direct Entry JAMB to various degree programs at the University of Uyo, commencing from the 200 level. This blog post provides comprehensive information for prospective applicants, including admission requirements, application procedures, and important dates.
The University of Uyo offers two Basic Studies programs:
- JUPEB: September to August
- IJMB: June to May
Upon successful completion of either program, students are eligible to enroll in 200-level degree programs offered by several institutions, including those in the fields of agriculture and the arts, upon receiving their JUPEB and IJMBE credentials.
A. Faculty of Agriculture:
- Agric. Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Crop Science
- Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Natural Environmental Management
- Home Economics
- Soil Science and Land Resources Management
B. Faculty of Arts:
- Communication Arts
- Foreign Languages (French)
- History and International Studies
- Linguistics and Nigerian Languages
- Religious and Cultural Studies
- Theatre Arts
C. Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences:
- Radiography and Radiation Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science
D. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences:
- Human Anatomy
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Medical Biochemistry
E. Faculty of Business Administration:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management
F. Faculty of Clinical Sciences:
- Dental Surgery
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Science
G. Faculty of Education:
- Curriculum Studies, Edu. Mgt. and Planning
- English Education
- Efik-Ibibio Education
- French Education
- History Education
- Music Education
- Religion Education
- Early Childhood and Special Education
- Pre-Primary & Primary Education
- Special Education
- Educational Foundations, Guidance, and Counseling
- Economics Education
- Geography Education
- Guidance and Counseling
- Political Science Education
- Social Studies Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Health Education
- Physical Education
- Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Integrated Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
H. Faculty of Engineering:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
I. Faculty of Environmental Studies:
- Estate Management
- Geoinformatics and Surveying
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
J. Faculty of Law:
K. Faculty of Pharmacy:
L. Faculty of Science:
- Animal Science and Environmental Biology
- Botany and Ecological Studies
- Computer Science
M. Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Geography and Natural Resources Management
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Sociology and Anthropology
N. Faculty of Vocational Education, Library & Information Science:
- Agricultural Science Education
- Business Education
- Computer and Robotics
- Home Economics Education
- Industrial Technology Education
- Library and Information Science
- Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) credits, including English Language, Mathematics, and three (3) relevant subjects in no more than two (2) sittings in SSCE/WASCE, GCE O/L, NECO, or NABTEB.
- Admission to the program may also require a computer-based test (CBT) known as the University Screening Test. Successful candidates who meet the requirements for their preferred program will be admitted to the 200 level of various degree programs at the University of Uyo or other Nigerian universities through JAMB. JAMB scores are not necessary for enrollment in this program. Applicants for the UTME in 2024 are welcome to apply; no separate application is required for the program.
How to Apply for UNIUYO JUPEB Admission Form 2023/2024:
Eligible candidates must pay an application fee of N15,500 through the Remita Payment Platform. The online registration and payment process can be completed by following these steps:
- Visit the University of Uyo website at www.uniuyo.edu.ng or https://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng and click on the e-portals link.
- Create an account by clicking on the Basic Studies link and provide the required information to proceed.
- Click on Make Payment and choose the payment method (card or bank) that suits you.
- Generate an electronic invoice by clicking the appropriate link for payment with a credit card or at a bank branch.
- If paying at a bank, print the e-invoice to obtain the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number.
- Complete your payment using your preferred method and return to the website.
- Click on the Login Form link, enter your RRR Number, and complete your registration.
Note: The passport photo uploaded during online registration will be required for the screening exercise and subsequent registration after receiving a provisional admission offer. Please ensure that all information provided is accurate and complete, as any false information will lead to disqualification. All fees must be paid accordingly upon admission.
- Registration closing date: August 18, 2023
- Online screening exercise date: August 25, 2023
The University of Uyo’s Basic Studies program offers a unique opportunity for students to gain admission into degree programs at the 200 level in various faculties. Candidates are advised to meet the admission requirements and complete the application process within the specified deadlines. We wish all prospective students the best of luck!