Valentine Ozigbo Biography: Valentine Ozigbo Biography, Valentine Ozigbo Net worth, Valentine Ozigbo Cars, Valentine Ozigbo Family ,Valentine Ozigbo Political Career can be accessed below.
Have you ever questioned the crucial figure in Transcorp Hotels Plc’s development to prominence as a leading hotel organization in Nigeria? Then you’re in good, since today’s article on GoldenNewsNg is all about Valentine Ozigbo, the recently retired president and CEO of Transcorp Plc.
Brief Profile Of Valentine Ozigbo
One of the wealthiest Igbo men in Nigeria is Valentine Ozigbo, and he’s also an entrepreneur, banker, philanthropist, and politician. He led Transnational Corporation of Nigeria PLC as its president and CEO (or Transcorp). Transcorp is a conglomerate (a business operating in more than one industry) having significant holdings and interests in the hospitality, agricultural, and electricity production industries.
Here is a brief profile of Valentine Ozigbo:
|Full name:||Valentine Chineto “Val” Ozigbo|
|Date of birth:||20th July 1970|
|Place of birth:||Anambra|
|Parents:||Mr. Andrew Ozigbo (father) and Christiana Ozigbo (mother)|
|Spouse:||Mary-Callista Ojiugo Ozigbo|
|Children:||Mario Obioma Ugochukwu, Chimdi Angello, Mitchel Chima, Valerie Chioma|
|Education:||Christ the Redeemer College, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Lancaster University, United Kingdom|
|known for:||CEO Transcorp Hotels PLC|
|Net worth:||$1.2 Billion|
Valentine Ozigbo Early Life And Education
Valentine Ozigbo grew up in the South Eastern part of Nigeria, Anambra to be precise where he had his early Education. He was born on the 20th of July, 1970 to Mr Andrew Ozigbo (father) and Christiana Ozigbo (mother).
Valentine Ozigbo was a brilliant student who won a number of prestigious accolades throughout his academic career. He had his primary education at Christ the Redeemer College in Amesi, Anambra State. He was a frequent representative for his school in interscholastic events. After finishing high school, he enrolled in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka’s Accounting program, where he excelled academically and ultimately finished first in his class and overall in 1994. At the end of his time at university, he received the highest possible grade, a First-Class degree (honors), making him the top student in his whole department and among all faculty members.
In 2000, Valentine Ozigbo attended the University of Nigeria, Nsukka to earn a Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance. He received a Chevening Scholarship in 2003 and used it to earn a B.A. in Finance from Lancaster University in the United Kingdom.
In addition, he holds certifications from the Institute of Credit Administration (2000), the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (2000), and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (1998). (2015).
Valentine Ozigbo Career
Diamond Bank, Bank PHB, Continental Trust Bank, NAL Merchant Bank, Standard Trust Bank, FSB International Bank, and United Bank for Africa are just a few of the prestigious institutions that Valentine Ozigbo has previously worked for before joining Transcorp Plc. Timeliness of his professional banking career are as follows:
- He was Head of Commercial Banking at Diamond Bank Plc for five years between 1995 and 2000.
- From 2000 to 2001, he worked as a Business Manager at United Bank for Africa
- Between 2001 and 2003, Mr Ozigbo was the Acting Regional Director of FSB International Bank.
- He later left this role and returned to United Bank for Africa in 2004, where he worked for four years as Head of International Banking.
- In 2008, he left United Bank for Africa for Keystone Bank where he served as the General Manager of the bank’s Global Transaction operation.
Valentine Ozigbo was ready for a new job after gaining experience in prior ones. From October 2011 to December 2018, he led Transcorp Hotels Plc as Managing Director and CEO. During his stint with Transcorp, he created and managed two hotels valued over $600 million with 5000 rooms. He built luxury flats and added retail to existing hotels. Developments cost $500 million.
Valentine Ozigbo Awards And Recognition
One cannot be talented and successful without being recognized. Owing to years of a successful career, Valentine OZIGBO has received various awards and recognitions.
Faculty Prize for Best Final Year Student, Faculty of Business Administration 1992/93 (University of Nigeria) • Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) Prize to the Best Graduating Student in Accountancy (University of Nigeria)
- Departmental Prize for Best Final Year Student in the Department of Accountancy, 1992/93 session (University of Nigeria).
- Peter Ajose Alli-Idowu Prize to the Best All-Round Student in Accountancy, 1992/93 Session (Peter Ajose Alli-Idowu).
- State Patron-Ship (Hatman Hospitality and Tourism Management Association of Nigeria/2015).
- Service Excellence (Hospitality and Tourism Sector Excellence) (Institute for Service Excellence and Good Governance -Confers/2016).
- Seven Stars CEO of the Year (Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards/2016).
- Outstanding Leadership in Hospitality Operations and Management Awards (National Tourism Transport Summit and Expo Awards/2018).
- Tourism Personality of the year 2018 (Miss Tourism Nigeria/2018).
- Excellence in Hospitality Awards (Nigeria Bar Association/2018).
- Seven Stars Personality of the year (Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards/2019).
Valentine Ozigbo Family
Valentine Ozigbo is happily married to Mary-Callista Ojiugo Ozigbo. The union is blessed with three sons (Mario Obioma Ugochukwu, Chimdi Angello, and Mitchel Chima) and one daughter (Valerie Chioma).
Valentine Ozigbo Politics
Valentine Ozigbo is involved in Politics and he is a member of the People’s Democratic party. He is currently aspiring to be the Governor of Anambra State.
Valentine Ozigbo House
As at the time of this writing, there is no record of the total number of houses he owns. However, he lives in Lagos.
Valentine Ozigbo Net Worth
Although the total net worth of Valentin Ozigbo has not yet been officially announced. However, going by his assets, properties and wealth; we estimate his net worth to be about $1.2 Billion.
Valentine Ozigbo Cars
Valentine Ozigbo is a politician and wealthy businessman; it’s safe to say that he has the wealth to buy the best cars. Check out the cars Valentine Ozigbo should have in his garage;
- Rolls-Royce Wraith Grand Tourer Coupe
Who doesn’t love a Rolls-Royce? I bet you do. Largely handmade and beautifully styled, the Rolls-Royce Wraith is the definition of a bespoke luxury coupe. Powered by a 624-hp V-12 engine, the Rolls-Royce Wraith promises a super-fast and pleasant ride. This car costs over a whooping 125 million NGN.
Valentine Ozigbo Social Media Handles:
Valentine Ozigbo is active online, especially on his Twitter and Instagram. You can connect with him to glean from his wealth of insight and knowledge.
- Twitter @ValentineOzigbo Instagram @ valyntino
Leave a Reply