Why NIRSAL CBN is not approving your CBN COVID-19 loan can be accessed below.
Many Nigerians are in the dark as to why their Nigerian Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) loan was not approved by NIRSAL / CBN. Some people are also beginning to think that loans are only available to Nigerians with powerful “godfathers”.
To clear the air of such perceptions, the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development disclosed the reasons for non-approval of loans of some applicants.
Below are the reasons some applicants were not pre-qualified for loan disbursement:
- Applicant did not provide valid or correct phone number for communications on further steps in the loan application.
- Applicant has an existing AGSMEIS or COVID-19 Loan.
- Applicant is over 35 years old, which puts them beyond the age bracket for youths.
- Applicant has a poor credit rating or currently has a non-performing loan.
- Applicant failed to provide a valid BVN.
- Applicant provided incomplete or incorrect BVN.
NYIF, run by the Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, has disbursed approximately N1.63 billion in loans to 5,200 youth.
This is revealed in the latest update provided to the Ministry by NIRSAL Microfinance Bank (NMFB), which disburses loans. The update also showed that it was ready to distribute to another batch of 25,000 youth as soon as their loan applications were approved.