Latest Transfer News For Today Tuesday 13th September 2022 : As the new season gets into gear, clubs in the UK and Europe are making changes to their players.
Check out today’s gossip column for all the latest rumors. This page has a full list of all the transfers made recently , and you can also look at our list of players released and kept by clubs.
N’Golo Kante turns down a new deal from Chelsea, and two Premier League clubs are getting more interested.
N’Golo Kante turned down Chelsea’s offer of a new contract because he didn’t like how long the deal was.
The Frenchman’s contract with the Blues is up in less than a year because they couldn’t come to an agreement on new terms.
Before he left, Thomas Tuchel talked openly about the situation with Kante. He said that the Frenchman has to make concessions if he wants to get a new contract because of his injury problems.
Kante has been hurt a lot in the last two years, but he is still the highest-paid player at the club.
🚨 From Brighton to Chelsea! 🤝🔵
— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) September 13, 2022
- PSG are working on the contract extensions of the following players: 1. Sergio Ramos
- 2. Leo Messi
4. Marco Verratti
5. Presnel Kimpembe
Kylian Mbappé’s new PSG contract only lasts until June 2024, not 2025. The two-year deal includes an option of a third, that can only be triggered by the player.
Luis Campos wants to extend the contracts of Leo Messi and Sergio Ramos at PSG which end in 2023, but on the condition that their level does not drop.
Barcelona and Atlético Madrid are close to an agreement to lower the option to buy fee for Antoine Griezmann to €25m.
- Cristiano Ronaldo rejected an offer from Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal this summer. The offer was worth €243m over two years. That is €2.3m-a-week.
- Manchester United and Erik ten Hag started a much-needed rebuild during the summer transfer window, however they won’t be able to make any further additions until the January window opens.
- United signed deals for Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen, Lisandro Martinez, Casemiro, and Antony, even though they didn’t get their top target, Frenkie de Jong. This was a well-known pursuit.
- Martin Dubravka happened to come on loan from Newcastle, which is backed by the Saudis, to make up for Dean Henderson leaving.
- Malacia, Eriksen, and Martinez have quickly become mainstays in the starting XI since he joined the club. Antony also made an impression on his unveiling before the Brazilian played extra minutes in the Europa League opener against Spanish team Real Sociedad.
Chelsea scout admits interest in Antony before United move
Piet de Visser, a scout for Chelsea, said that the Blues were keeping an eye on Antony even as he was coming up through the ranks in Brazil, but they lost out to Manchester United.
“Together with Hans van der Zee we saw him for the first time at Brazil’s youth ranks and we were both charmed by him. That was a few years ago, just before he went to Ajax.
“I thought he had to make an intermediate step and then Hans suggested Ajax. And then we would take him right from Ajax. We couldn’t get him, I would have wanted him.”
Ajax boss makes United confession ahead of Liverpool clash
Alfred Schreuder, the coach of Ajax, has said that he has been watching footage of Manchester United’s 2-1 win over Liverpool in preparation for his team’s Champions League match against Liverpool at Anfield tonight.
The Dutch club will go to England aiming to improve on its 4-0 win over Rangers last Wednesday.
Arias ‘poised to join United’
El Deportivo claims that United manager Erik ten Hag is “leading the way” to bring Santiago Arias to Old Trafford.
The 30-year-old Colombian is a free agent right now after leaving Atletico Madrid. People say that United are “ready to offer a deal” to the right back, who could offer Diogo Dalot some competition.
United ‘braced’ for fresh Ronaldo approach
The Sun reported that United are “prepping” for Saudi Arabia to make another deal for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Saudi giants Al Hilal were interested in the 37-year-old player in the summer. He hasn’t scored a goal yet this season.
It is said that Saudi clubs are planning to sign the Portuguese player in January.