Nigerian Newspaper Headlines & Naija News Today, 4th May 2022 can be accessed below..
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. President Muhammadu Buhari and the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and presidential aspirant, Bola Ahmed Tinubu met behind closed-door at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, yesterday.
2. The striking workers in Nigerian universities, on Tuesday, decried the “No pay, No work” policy, saying the warning strike they embarked upon is now indefinite. The workers, under the auspices of the National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT), said laboratories, workshops, farms and others would remain shut till the government pays their salaries.
3. The Nigerian Army has accused the outlawed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) of unleashing terror on Ndigbo, whom they claim to be protecting. The army authorities said this while confirming the murder of a couple who were beheaded by gunmen on Saturday.
4. The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, has described bandits as total terrorists who must be eliminated. The monarch, who stated this when the Chief of Army Staff, General Faruk Yahya, paid him Sallah homage on Tuesday, said the trend must end now.
5. The Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has denied endorsing Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the presidency. OYC National President, Igboayaka O. Igboayaka, warned Tinubu to be careful of maligning the aspiration of the Southeast to produce Nigeria’s president.
6. United Nations (UN) Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres landed in Nigeria on Tuesday. Guterres visited the Borno capital, Maiduguri, where he met Boko Haram victims and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
7. The Chairman of the Southern Governors’ Forum, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, has insisted that the Southern part of the country must produce the next president of the country. Akeredolu, in a statement yesterday, warned the national leadership of the APC against giving the presidential ticket to a northern aspirant so as not to put the party in a crisis.
8. The Lagos State Police Command has commenced investigation to unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of two lovers, whose corpses were found inside a Sport Utility Vehicle in the Isolo area of the State.
9. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has expressed optimism that whatever the situation and condition is, all will be well with Nigeria. Obasanjo, who said this at a Global Crusade organised by the Deeper Life Bible Church, in Abeokuta, urged Nigerians to have faith in God.
10. Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters, yesterday night, attacked a village near Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State. A vigilante source revealed that the terrorists invaded Kautukari village, some 15 kilometres away from Chibok town, shooting sporadically and setting houses on fire.
11. Amaechi Explains Why He Dumped Jonathan For Buhari In 2015, Hints Of Nigeria’s Financial Crisis
Amaechi who is battling for the All Progressives Congress (APC) 2023 presidential ticket has been saying that many Nigerian politicians do not understand the concept of loyalty.
According to him, “loyalty is not when you are not chosen, you become disloyal, loyalty means you follow the man that leads you that you have surrendered to his leadership.
‘’If you don’t follow, it means you are not loyal, you are only benefitting from the man politically and economically. The day he’s not able to give you that economic reality, is the day you become disloyal.’’
12. Salisu Yusuf To Release List As Super Eagles Await New Coach
Super Eagles assistant coach, Salisu Yusuf will next week release the official team list for the upcoming international friendly against Mexico and Ecuador next week.
13. 2023 Presidency: Akande, Osoba To Meet Tinubu, Osinbajo, Others Over APC Ticket
GoldenNewsNg learned that the crucial meeting will take place on Friday at the Lagos State Government House in Marina.
The meeting will be chaired by the interim National Chairman of the APC and former Governor of Osun State, Chief Bisi Akande.
Also, the meeting will be attended by a former Governor of Ogun State, Chief Olusegun Osoba, party stakeholders, and other critical APC leaders in the South West.
It was gathered that APC leaders in the region are worried over the number of aspirants that have emerged to contest the party’s presidential ticket and vie for the 2023 presidency.
In order to save the South West from losing the ticket, it is understood that the APC leaders called the meeting to work out a way to cut down the number of presidential hopefuls from the zone.
14. 2023 Elections: PDP Finally Clears Ozigbo To Contest Senate Seat
Recall that Ozigbo was earlier disqualified by the party’s screening committee from the party’s primaries ahead of the 2023 senatorial election.
The five-man screening committee said in its report that Ozigbo was screened out because of his case at the Supreme Court over the November 6 governorship election.
However, in a new report signed by its Chairman, Udeh Okoye, the committee said Ozigbo is now cleared to contest the Anambra South Senatorial District seat in the National Assembly.
15. Army Chief Visits Sokoto, Asks Troops To Eliminate Bandits
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya, has charged troops of the operation Hadarin Daji operating in the North-West region to eliminate, terrorists and all criminals element operating in the region.
Yahaya gave the charge in Sokoto on Tuesday where he had lunch with troops in Isa Local Government as part of Eid-El-Fitr celebration with the troops.
He had earlier performed the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Nigeria Army Forward Base Operating Base located in Isa local government area of Sokoto State.
Leave a Reply