Top 15 Prestigious Scholarships For Nigerians To Study Abroad
As African students, there are numerous prestigious scholarships available for eligible and qualified candidates to explore. These scholarships offer both partial and full funding opportunities to support students in their educational pursuits, and they are awarded based on outstanding academic and leadership qualities.
These scholarships can provide funding for undergraduate or postgraduate degree programs abroad, as well as support for students to complete their studies in their home countries.
Here is a list of the top 15 prestigious scholarships for Nigerians:
- Commonwealth Scholarships: Fully-funded scholarships for students from Commonwealth countries, offering opportunities to pursue master’s and PhD degree programs in the United Kingdom.
- African Union Scholarships: Scholarships offered by the African Union for Master’s or PhD studies in various disciplines in African universities, aimed at achieving a prosperous, integrated, and peaceful Africa.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarships: The largest scholarship and leadership initiative in Africa, preparing talented and diverse young people with the skills and mindsets to pursue their aspirations and contribute to their communities.
- Mandela Rhodes Scholarship: Combining financial support with a leadership program to inspire and connect young African changemakers, offering full funding for Honours or Masters degrees in any field at recognized South African institutions.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships: Full-cost scholarships for outstanding candidates from countries outside the UK, including Africa, to pursue postgraduate degrees in any discipline at the University of Cambridge.
- Chevening Scholarships: Fully-funded scholarships for one-year Master’s programs in the UK, offering a range of benefits including tuition fees, stipends, travel costs, and networking opportunities.
- DAAD Scholarships: Scholarships offered by the German government to support studies and research visits to universities and research institutions in Germany, providing financial support and additional benefits.
- Fulbright Scholarships: International educational and cultural exchange programs aimed at fostering mutual understanding between the US and partner nations, providing grants for study, teaching, and research in various academic disciplines.
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship: Supports outstanding students from the developing world to pursue full-time postgraduate studies at reputable higher institutions.
- World Bank Scholarships Program: Supports capacity development and knowledge sharing in the developing world through scholarships for students and young researchers, promoting economic development and shared prosperity.
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Scholarship: Supports young African leaders in selected disciplines through scholarships at distinguished academic institutions.
- Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS): Capacity-building program by the African Development Bank and the Government of Japan, offering scholarships for postgraduate studies in various fields.
- African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) Masters and PhD Scholarships: Available for African students from Francophone and Anglophone countries interested in pursuing economics programs at select institutions in Africa.
- WAAW Foundation Scholarship: Provides opportunities for female college students in Africa to pursue STEM-related courses and contribute to their communities through volunteer work.
- Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP): Fully-funded scholarships for professionals and organizations from developing countries, contributing to sustainable and inclusive development through education and training.
These scholarships offer valuable support to African students, enabling them to pursue their educational goals and make a positive impact in their communities and beyond.
Leave a Reply