Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Saturday 17th December 2022, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has warned serving corps members against partaking in any form of electoral malpractices in the forthcoming general elections. The Acting Director-General of the NYSC, Mrs Christy Uba, who gave the warning in Abuja yesterday, said any corps member found wanting shall be prosecuted according to the law.
2. The chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmoud Yakubu has stated that the commission will recover from attacks on its facilities and conduct the 2023 elections. Speaking in Abuja yesterday, Yakubu said the commission would relocate some of the attacked offices from vulnerable areas.
3. Apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has expressed profound gratitude to President Muhammadu Buhari for delivering the Second Niger Bridge as he promised. Ohanaeze particularly appreciated Buhari’s commitment in completing the project which was initiated by the previous administration.
4. Three members of a cult group, Icelander, including a gang leader, have lost their lives during a gun battle in Abarikpo community in the Ahoada East Local Government Area of Rivers State. It was gathered that members of the group invaded the community at about 2am on Thursday in search of their unit leader, Bright Ejike, popularly known as ‘Borokiri,’ who they claimed converted the group’s arms and ammunition to personnel use.
5. It was an emotional scene on Friday as the remains of murdered Bus Rapid Transport passenger, Bamise Ayanwola, were laid to rest at the Atan Cemetery, Yaba, Lagos. The 22-year-old lady was found dead on March 7, 2022, lying on Carter Bridge by Ogogoro community in Lagos Island, after boarding a BRT bus at the Chevron area of Lekki to Oshodi on February 26, 2022.
6. For the second time in a fortnight, the Imo State chapter of the Labour Party has lost another candidate for Imo State House of Assembly in the 2023 general elections. This time, gunmen on Friday reportedly killed the party’s candidate for Onuimo Local Government Area, Mr. Christopher Elehu.
7. Barely two months to the 2023 general elections, the Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Okowa has been mandated to lead a fresh reconciliation move with the aggrieved G-5 governors.
8. People of South-East extraction living in Finland would be meeting tomorrow to deliberate on the unending sit-at-home orders in the region and the consequences of such orders. A splinter group purporting to be Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), led by Simon Ekpa has been issuing sit-at-home orders, unleashing violence on those that disobeyed the directives.
9. The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) has thrown its weight behind the decision of the federal government to set up a ‘Special Investigative Panel on Oil Theft and Losses in Nigeria’, noting that oil theft has robbed the country a whopping $46.16 billion in revenue between 2009 and 2020. NEITI in a statement yesterday, described the decision as bold, courageous and timely.
10. A total of 191 stranded Nigerians in India evacuated back home by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, arrived at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja on Friday, 16th December, 2022. An Ethiopian Airline chartered flight that conveyed the returnees touched down at the Abuja Airport. They were received by a team led by NEMA and other relevant agencies.
Leave a Reply