Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Tuesday 27th December 2022, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. There was disquiet in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday as the five aggrieved governors relocated to London to finalise decision on who to back for the presidency in next year’s general election. Before they left, the governors had foreclosed working for the presidential candidate of their party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
2. The family of late Godsent Obhafuoso has called on the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, to prevail on the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Zone 5, to investigate the killing of their 28-year-old son by a policeman. The family said the policeman escorted a prominent resident to Uromi community on August 13, 2022, and fired bullets during a ceremony, which killed their son.
3. Suspected political thugs have attacked the office of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, in Tai Local Government Area of Rivers State in the early hours of Monday. The governorship candidate of the SDP, Magnus Abe confirmed this in a press briefing in Port Harcourt yesterday.
4. Property and goods worth billions of naira have been destroyed by fire at a popular timber market, along Wethedral Road in Owerri, the State capital. It was gathered that the inferno, which started at 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 24, destroyed over 200 shops and goods worth over four billion naira.
5. The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has said one-year imprisonment or a fine of N500,000 awaits anyone found guilty of buying votes during the 2023 elections. The INEC Commissioner in Jigawa State, Professor Muhammad Lawal Bashar said this in an interview with newsmen.
6. At least 6,047 Bank Verification Numbers of bank customers have been placed under the Central Bank of Nigeria watch list for fraudulent transactions. This was contained in the CBN Financial Stability June 2022 report published by the apex bank.
7. A prominent support group that worked for former President Goodluck Jonathan, Citizens Network for Peace and Development in Nigeria (CNPDN), has begun grassroots mobilisation in the Southeast and the Southsouth for the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
8. Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) leader, Nnamdi Kanu has called on politicians and businessmen in the Southeast to stop all forms of violence and tension in the zone. Kanu, who has been in the Department of State Service (DSS) custody since June 2021, conveyed the message through his lawyers, who visited him last Thursday.
9. Normal action is set to resume in France on Wednesday with Kylian Mbappe and Neymar both set to feature for leaders, Paris Saint-German as they restart their Ligue 1 season, 45 days after it was popped on ice for the World Cup.
10. Kidnappers have killed three abducted siblings and a motorcycle rider after collecting N60million ransom from the siblings’ father in Taraba State. It was learnt that the incident occurred at a forest near Garin Dogo in Lau Local Government Area of the State on Sunday.
Leave a Reply