Below are 10 Important Things to do before JAMB registration begins on Saturday, 14th January.
The commencement date for the 2023 UTME/DE form sales has been set for January 14th, 2023. It will last until February 14th, 2023. Given this, it is critical that prospective UTME candidates understand what is expected of them and have all of the necessary documents ready before registration begins. Early preparation is one of the keys to smooth registration and success in every UTME.
So this post will guide you on the few things you need to be doing at the moment while we wait for the commencement of the UTME sales of form and registration.
1. Get your National Identification Number (NIN): Based on previous reports, NIN may likely be a compulsory requirement for UTME/DE registration. In case you do not have yours yet and you intend to register for the UTME/DE, we advise you quickly get it ready. We earlier provided a step-by-step procedure on how you can acquire NIN. So if you are yet to get yours, visit this link: NIN Application Guidelines and follow the instructions to get yours.
2. Create your JAMB registration profile code: A ten-character profile code is now required by JAMB before any candidates can be successfully registered for UTME. To generate the profile code, you are required to send your NIN, through a registered phone number to a provided shortcode. You are advised to create your profile code before registration begins to enable you to avoid the rush and prevent anxiety. We have now outlined the simple instructions to easily perform this task. Proceed now to Create your JAMB registration profile code.
3. Know The Course You Want To Study: Deciding on the course you intend to study is one of the things you should do now before registration begins. This is because you need time to think before settling on a career/course. You shouldn’t just pick any course. It has to be a course you have passion as well as an academic aptitude for. Please note that for a successful registration, you should have alternative (2nd choice) courses in mind.
4. Know the School You Intend to Apply to Just like in choosing a course, you need to equally know beforehand the institution you want to apply for. Your criteria in choosing one should be based on whether the school offers the course you intend to study, the admission requirements of the school, the school fees as well as other personal preferences e.g location etc. Please note that for a successful registration, you should have a choice each for other institutions such as polytechnic or college of education. Here are 5 things UTME candidates should consider before choosing an institution.
5. Know the subject combination for your course: Many students make this mistake by choosing the wrong subject combinations for their course. If you want to avoid any form of mistake, use “The JAMB Brochure“, to see the required subject combination for the various courses before registration begins. Remember, that choosing the wrong one can jeopardize your chances of gaining admission. You can read more on how to Know The Right UTME/O’level Subject Combination For Your Course. Be wise!!!
6. Ask for Guidance: If for any reason you are confused and need guidance may be regarding the choice of course or school, UTME/O’level subject combination etc, kindly visit our JAMB Guide category
7. Start Studying Now: Finally, start studying now and don’t just study hard, learn to study smart. By now you should know that a good number of JAMB past questions are repeated every year. To study smart, you need to practice with the Free JAMB CBT Mobile App .