How to Unblock Your Gtbank ATM Card Online can be accessed below.
Cases of fraud from lost ATM cards have increased in recent times which is why GTBank has armed customers with the code for blocking your ATM card if they suspect that it is in the custody of fraudsters. The code released by the bank to customers is *737*51*73# and it applies to all networks, However, when you feel that your ATM card is now safe and away from the reach of criminals, you may consider unblocking it so that you can carry out normal banking transactions.
Your GTBank ATM card is a card given to account holders to perform transactions online and with the Automated Teller Machine which also performs a lot of functions that you authorize. But if it gets into the wrong hand, it can become a tool for fraud. The card contains visible details of your card number and CVV number, which can give access to your account. Although most customers keep their ATM cards carefully, they can get lost or stolen.
ATM cards can be blocked either by banks or customers for various reasons. If your bank blocks your ATM card it may be because of one of the following reasons.
- You tried multiple ATM pins that were wrong. If you attempt the wrong ATM pins on your card, your bank may block it. While trying, you will be warned that further attempts will result in the temporary blocking of your card. This measure is also meant to prevent fraud. since fraudsters do not often have direct access to ATM pins. But since it is a temporary blocking, it will be reactivated after the stipulated time.
- If your card has expired, GTBank can also block it making it impossible for you to use it for any transaction. it can be seized when use on Automated Teller Machines. There is no way to reactivate an ATM card that has expired. The customer has to request a new one.
- Banks can also block your ATM card over suspicious transactions.
However, even the user can also block an ATM card using the code provided by GTBank. While you can unblock your ATM card if it was blocked by the bank, you need the bank to help unblock the card if it was blocked by the bank.
Here is what you can do to unblock your GTBank ATM card.
1. Call customer care
GTBank Customer care can actively respond to your request by unblocking your ATM card. Call the customer care team to help you through the process especially if it was blocked by you.
2. Visit the GTBank branch
Nearly all customer complaints and requests can be handled at GTBank offices. All you need to do is to find the GTBank branch nearest to you and visit to request that your ATM card be unblocked. Your request will be granted or a solution provided.
3. Wait for 2-3 days
If you can is blocked temporarily for exceeding 3 attempts at inputting the right pin, just wait for 2-3 days and it will be automatically unblocked by the bank.
How to Unblock my GTBank Account with 737
To unblock my GTbank account with 737, I followed these steps:
- Dial *737*11# with the phone number linked to your GTB Account account.
- Next, you’ll be asked to Input your BVN
- Then, Click on 1 to continue
- NGN100 (reactivation fee) will be deducted from your GTB account.
You can also unblock your account by calling GTConnect, GTBank Customer Care, or visiting any GTBank branch near you.