Things to Know About JAMB Change of Institutions/Courses 2023 : This article contains some important things to know about JAMB Change of Institution/Course
- Eligibility: To be eligible for JAMB change of institution/course, candidates must have taken the most recent UTME and scored the minimum cut-off mark set by the chosen institution.
- Application Process: The process of changing institution/course can be done online through the JAMB portal.
- Cost: A fee is charged for the change of institution/course process and it is non-refundable.
- Deadline: JAMB usually sets a deadline for change of institution/course and it is important to apply before the deadline to be considered.
- Effect on UTME Score: Changing institution/course does not affect a candidate’s UTME score.
- Acceptance: The final decision to accept a candidate for change of institution/course lies with the new institution.
- Multiple Changes: JAMB only allows a candidate to change institution/course once in a year.
- Document Requirements: Candidates are required to provide relevant certificates and transcripts as part of the change of institution/course process.
- Confirmation of Acceptance: Once the change of institution/course process is complete, JAMB will send a confirmation of acceptance to the candidate’s registered email address.
10 Things to Know About JAMB Change of Institutions/Courses 2023
1. What is the Changeof Data, Institutions, and Courses in Jamb?
This is an exercise opened by Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) to allow candidates who had made some mistakes during UTME registration to make corrections. Candidates who just have a change of mind about a few information filled during the UTME can also change their data through the exercise.
You’re allowed to change courses or institutions earlier chosen. This, you can change institutions and/or courses as many times as you can afford to pay for, starting from the 2022/2023 admission year.
Just as it is the norm to effect changes in your choices of institutions/courses before post UTME or admission, candidates can as well change institutions and courses if a school has already offered them courses different from the one chosen in UTME. In this case, the candidates will be instructed to effect a change of courses to the new courses before printing JAMB admission letters.
Other mistakes that can be corrected during this exercise include the names (errors, especially spelling mistakes), Gender (male/female), date of birth, state of origin, and/or local government of origin.
2. Is it Compulsory to do a Change in Institutions and Courses?
Unless you deem it needed for your admission, you don’t have to do any change of data, institutions, and courses.
If you think if you don’t change, it may affect your admission, consider doing it.
For instance, if you score less marks than your school/course of choice will consider, it’s advisable you change to a school/course that accepts the score you have.
A similar instance is if your proposed institution takes catchment areas seriously in her admission selection e.g Ilorin, ABU, etc. You may want to consider changing your local government to the one favoured by them. Don’t choose a local government you’re not sure you can get her state of origin certificate or local government identification letter.
There may be the need to do a change of date of birth if you think your current age may affect you in the future e.g for NYSC mobilization, employment purpose, and so on or truly there was an error in the dates of birth earlier used.
3. Can I do a Correction of Name, if I (they) Make Spelling Mistakes During UTME Registration?
JAMB allows you to do a change of name on her website through your JAMB profile.
You will need to pay #2500 online for this service. This fee excludes the Remita and CBT centre service charges which may vary.
In case of correction of name, you may be required to submit your UTME printout and birth certificate to the JAMB branch office before it can be effected. This correction is, for now, allowed only at JAMB offices and CBT centres. However, you may need to book an appointment with JAMB before being attended to.
If however, you noticed the error in your names before going for the JAMB registration at the CBT centre, send CORRECT (space) FULL NAMES to 55019. Use the same mobile line used to get your profile code. It will be corrected and the system will send you a response. You can then proceed to the registration centre.
4. How Do I Change Institutions and Courses? Do I Need to Go Back to the JAMB CBT Centre?
Yes or the JAMB office.
Cases of changes like a change of schools and courses, change of name, date of birth, or JAMB subject combination may take you back to the CBT centre or better, the JAMB office.
To make the changes, a CBT centre or JAMB office will:
- Log into your JAMB profile with the JAMB profile email and its password.
- Locate the current year (or the year you want to effect) change of data link
- Choose that and follow the next instructions to make the payment and effect the changes.
You will pay #2500 using your ATM card through the Remita platform. So, get ready with your card – PARTICULARLY MasterCard.
5. How Many Times I am Allowed to Effect Changes?
In the past, you were allowed only TWICE /THREE times. As for the 2022/2023 admission year and after, you are now graced for A FEW TIMES. This means you’re not limited as long as you can afford to be paying for the changes.
|Take note of the chances given to change each of the items above
This was been confirmed and affirmed in my post, “How to Change Institutions/Courses the Third Time or More. See Guide!” to make the fourth or more changes.
If it’s the change of name, date of birth, gender, local government, or state; you’re ONLY allowed ONCE.
6. How Many Institutions and Courses Can I Be Able to Change?
You can alter all institutions and all courses.
You have four institutions and four courses. All of them can be altered to new ones at the same price of N2,500. You don’t need to make a separate payment for each change.
7. Do I have to pay separate money for the change of institution and another for the change of courses?
The #2,500 you pay will be used to alter any (or all) institutions together with any (all) courses.
In other words, you don’t have to pay separately for each change. One payment effect all. If JAMB late allows changes more than once, you will need a new payment for each time you decide to change. See more details here.
If however, you want to change names, date of birth, state, etc, a separate payment for each.
8. Do I have to print anything after completing the Change of Institutions/Courses registration?
You may have a confirmation page to print. This page will display your previous choices above, and new choices below. See How to know if the change of institutions and courses had been correctly done.
9. Do I Need this Printout for Admission?
You don’t need it. Unless they ask for it, never should you give or submit it to any school.
Instead, reprint your JAMB result (the original one) to display your new choices.
10. Will the New Schools know that I didn’t choose them initially during UTME/Screening?
JAMB will not send a list of students that chose a school to her until the change of institutions is closed.
However, if you do your change of institutions late, the school may know, especially if JAMB is sending lists of students to them in batches.
That’s why it is advisable to do your changes on time. However, that is not going to affect the decision of your school on your admission. Don’t panic.
HELP SOMEONE: People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.